Garlic is an anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory natural ingredient. It helps to cure many skin conditions through its multi-tasking properties. It also helps to cure acne breakouts. Acne is a severe skin condition that is caused by bacterial contact and forms inflammation, oily skin, and pimples on the skin. It is also caused due to environmental changes, bad hygiene, poor diet, sun radiation, hormonal changes in the body, use of medicines, or due to any medical condition. As it is a beneficial item in terms of health and skin, we have summarized some properties and uses of garlic to cure acne for a lifetime.
Properties of Garlic for skin treatments
- The antimicrobial properties of garlic are very effective for the skin. It grows some compounds that contain bacteria and fungi properties. As it is an anti-bacterial component, it helps to treat many skin problems like acne. It kills the bacteria produced on the acne-affected surface of the skin. Thus cure acne and pimples with garlic extracts.
- The anti-inflammatory properties of garlic also help to treat skin conditions. Acne causes a lot of inflammation, redness, rashes, and swelling on the skin. It’s extracts are very effective to apply to affected skin to reduce inflammation and irritation.
- Additional properties of garlic are used in many fields. As it is an anti-bacterial and antimicrobial component, many scientists and dermatologists experiment with it in the making of new medicines. Ointments specified for healing wounds and fungal skin infections also includes it.
Uses for acne treatment
- Garlic water is a home remedy to cure acne. Take a clove of it and crush it with water, and apply the water on the acne-affected area of the skin. Rinse it with gentle soap after leaving for 5 to 6 minutes. Do not overtime it as it can cause itchiness.
- Garlic and honey also cure acne. As honey is also an antioxidant and anti-bacterial component. Take crushed garlic and mix it with one tablespoon of honey. Apply on the affected skin for ten minutes and rinse. Use this method for three days a week.
- Aloe Vera is also an anti-inflammatory component. The combination of these two reduces redness, irritation, inflammation, and itchiness in the skin. Mix both items and rest them on the skin for ten to fifteen minutes. Try it two to three days a week for effective results.